Account Director Contract (6 months) to permanent
About the role
We’re looking for a dynamic, curious and strategic thinker with a passion for client relationships, to join our Client Services team. As an Account Director you’ll lead the management of key client relationships, building strong partnerships with senior stakeholders, and inspiring both clients and internal teams. You’ll have a passion for people and relationships, and the drive to help us to produce bold and impactful work, with a relentless desire to push for more.
A key part of the role is commercial management, being able to deliver to financial targets and proactively grow and develop client business within existing accounts. There will also be the opportunity to participate in or lead new business pitches, collaborating with the wider team to ensure that we deliver a winning response that stands out. You’ll have strong digital/CX experience, and will be able to use this to help guide solutions to client challenges whilst bringing new ideas to the table.
- Curious, hungry to learn and experience new things and full of ideas to take to clients
- Ability to embrace change – an innovator and entrepreneur
- A challenging nature, pushing internal teams and clients so we deliver bigger and better solutions
- Emotional intelligence - the ability to read between the lines and hear what is not being said
- Charismatic and open personality - enjoy building relationships – with internal teams, partners and clients
- Effective listening – clients and internally. It’s not about egos – ideas can come from anywhere
- Self-starting – determined and driven
- Give a shit
- Honest, confident, reliable and calm under pressure
- Seasoned in client services working within an agency or consulting firm - forging relationships quickly with existing clients and growing new ones
- A strong strategic mind with the ability to lead, advise and influence clients at all levels
- Commercially astute with a proven track record of account growth and development
- A results-driven mentality and tenacious with the drive to see a job through to the end
- Well-rounded experience in digital, technology and design – working to deliver complex digital products and services
- An inspiring and brilliant collaborator, who loves working closely with the studio team at all levels, working closely with clients and working closely with cross-agency teams
- Naturally ambitious for the impact you (and we) can have
- Strong juggling and prioritisation skills across multiple focus areas
- A creative eye and opinion are crucial
- Proven ability to oversee large scale client engagements with multiple project tracks and teams while anticipating, defusing and resolving any conflict effectively
- Deep understanding and awareness of aligning consumer goals and business goals
- The ability to successfully manage multiple suppliers, partners, and customers to ensure the best outcome for both the customer and Great State
- It goes without saying…top quality communication skills and impeccable attention to detail
We offer all the usual fun benefits associated with a digital agency plus flexible working hours, the ability to work from home, and 27 days holiday, plus bank holidays. We welcome fresh opinions and strive for an inclusive environment.
If this role suits you down to a tee, apply now. No agencies please.
Great State is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, and individuals with disabilities.