Lead Digital Strategist
Location: Bristol or London
This is a pivotal role in a growing independent agency where you’ll get to shape the digital future of some amazing clients.
You’ll work delivering real impact with world-leading clients through exciting, innovative strategic thinking. Whatever challenge you are working on (from a new digital product, to organisational transformation), you’ll need to look at things differently, challenge the obvious and bring fresh and unique thinking to solve the problem.
The outputs will need to demonstrate a greater level of future ambition for the agency and for clients, stretching clients beyond their comfort levels to inspire a braver digital future for their brands and for their business
Drawing on your understanding of macro trends, new technologies and ways of working, you be able to proactively create and convert opportunities with new and existing clients, as well as have the skills to turn that vision into a reality - building the case for investment and taking people on that journey with you.
Whilst the role will sit in the strategy team, collaboration is key to this role, and you’ll be working closely with other strategists, data/digital analysts, technical architects, developers, account delivery teams as well as with multiple client stakeholders.
We’d be looking for you to support across our full breadth of clients including The Royal Navy, The Army, Honda Europe, Spirax Sarco, and Orange to name a few, as well as being a central role on acquiring new equally exciting clients.
We’d also be looking to you to help grow our reputation as an agency by regularly contributing to our thought leadership programme. As such, you’ll have an opinion on all things digital and be comfortable sharing these across high profile platforms.
Great State is an ambitious independent digital agency of 85, and growing – with offices in both Bristol and London.
This role can be based in our Bristol or London offices (although you will need to be able to travel between offices regularly).
The role in detail
- Contribute to the leadership of key accounts – helping identify opportunities to drive client value and turn them into a strategic agenda for the client
- Proactively create and convert new revenue opportunities with new and existing clients
- Scope programmes of work with clients, providing strategic direction and leadership
- Lead our discovery process – drawing on, and providing direction to, the collective resources (research, data, engineering etc) across the agency
- Undertake or commission primary research as needed
- Work collaboratively with creative, user experience and tech teams throughout the lifetime of the project to ensure deliverables are in line with strategic direction and deliver the ROI
- Provide strategic direction in new business pitches
- Consider ‘new’ ways to approach consistent strategic challenges, developing models/frameworks for use across the team and implementing new strategic tools
- Help package ‘strategic products’ to sell to new and existing clients – working with Experience and Engineering to define and communicate
- Manage/support other more junior members of the strategy team
Who we think you are
We believe that no two Strategists are the same, and as a result we recruit from a broad spectrum of backgrounds, but there are a number of skills we are looking for in order to meet our perfect colleague:
- You’ll already be established as a senior strategist/planner or consultant with proven experience of delivering commercial results based on great insight and strategic direction – and be looking to take a step-up into a ‘lead’ role
- Be a provocative thinker and innovative problem solver – able to inspire senior clients
- Be a digital enthusiast with a proactive desire to keep well versed on new digital trends and technologies and how to best implement them to get results
- You’ll always have an opinion (but are able to express it ever-so-charmingly!), with excellent verbal and written communication – able to construct your views and opinions into a compelling argument
- Have exceptional senior client handling skills - you’re believable and authoritative
- Customer research experience (qualitative and quantitative) at both implementation and management levels
- Have experience of leading/mentoring more junior team members
We offer all the usual fun benefits associated with a digital agency plus flexible working hours, the ability to work from home and 27 days holiday, plus bank holidays. We welcome fresh opinions and strive for an inclusive environment.
If this role suits you down to a tee, apply now.
Please complete all fields unless stated as optional.