Senior Frontend engineer
About the role
We are looking for a Senior Front-End Engineer to come and help us deliver award-winning work for our clients. Someone with a dedication to their craft, a creative flair and a love of developing beautiful interfaces and experiences. We work with a wide range of clients – the Royal Navy, Honda, Orange and many other leading global brands – and an even wider range of technology. We are looking for someone with loads of enthusiasm and experience with a range of different front-end tech stacks, with extra bonus points for experience working with cutting-edge technology like WebGL.
You will need to be a great front-end engineer, and we’d expect you to be leading by example when it comes to software engineering best practice. We’re looking for someone who can lead a project from a front-end perspective and inspire both other members of the engineering team, the wider experience team and our clients to make sure we’re delivering beautiful, scalable, high-quality solutions.
Day-to-day, we’d expect you to be carrying out the below activities as part of your job:
- Developing solutions and solving problems – always delivering high quality front-end code
- Working with React and associated technology (Gatsby, Redux etc)
- Working with headless CMS, and traditional CMS
- Working with modern web animation techniques and libraries to build considered and crafted animations and interactions, to an industry leading standard
- Contributing to the wider effort to improve quality and ways of working in the engineering team
- Contribute creatively throughout delivery – using your expertise to inspire and influence the creative direction of projects
- Share tech-lead inspiration and trends with the wider Experience team
- Peer reviewing code
- Producing prototype / proof-of-concept work
- Identifying appropriate technical solutions for clients and documenting them in technical design documents (where required)
- Helping to improve ways of working within the team – across all areas
- The technical skills as mentioned above
- To be both a creative and logical thinker
- Passionate about the quality of the end product
- To have an enthusiastic, positive, calm and professional approach
- To be proactive and show imitative
- To have good awareness of industry trends, best practices and standards
- To be able to adapt at the pace of an agency
- To have excellent time management skills
- To be able to take on the challenge of learning new tools and frameworks and
We offer all the usual fun benefits associated with a digital agency plus flexible working hours, the ability to work from home and 27 days holiday, plus bank holidays. We welcome fresh opinions and strive for an inclusive environment.
If this role suits you down to a tee, apply now. No agencies please.