Social Media Manager
About the role
We are looking for a Social Media Manager to join our team and work with our clients to help them get the most out of their social platforms. This could be a full or part-time role (minimum of 3 days a week).
Whilst we've clearly been delivering social campaigns for years, we're looking to centralise all aspects of social execution onto a single person who will be there to deliver and co-ordinate delivery activities across our strategy and experience teams.
You'll get to work on social across our full range of clients, but a lot of focus will be on one of our key defence clients.
This role is an exciting opportunity for someone to become the agency's social media lead, acting as the go-to person for all things social. On a day-to-day basis, we'll be looking for you to:
- Champion social within the agency and with our clients - understanding trends, changing platform capability, and identifying opportunities for innovation e.g. new tools, tech, and creative approaches.
- Manage social media across a range of clients, from strategy to content creation, implementation, and reporting across all platforms. This will cover:
- Creating social media campaign plans and content calendars.
- Creating engaging and compelling social content.
- Managing influencer campaigns.
- Providing campaign analysis and reporting, as well as using data and insight to identify broader opportunities for the client, spot trends, and better understand audiences.
- NB: This role does not include day-to-day community management.
- Identify potential opportunities for driving growth and efficiencies (i.e, AI, and automation) across accounts and champion them.
This is a client-facing role, so you'll working directly with the client and owning that relationship from a social perspective.
Within this position, you'll have lots of freedom and autonomy, but you'll also have the support of a brilliant team of strategists, creatives, and techs who you'll be working really closely with day-to-day.
We need a Social Media Manager who is passionate about the experiences we can deliver through social channels. We're ideally looking for someone with:
- At least 3 years of experience in social media.
- Experience and knowledge working across a mix of social channels.
- Experience in the full spectrum of social management - strategy planning, writing creative briefs, and briefing the creative team.
- Excellent written skills - you can write concisely, have copywriting experience, and can spot a typo a mile off.
- A confident communicator - you'll be equally comfortable working with internal teams as liaising directly with clients.
- You're the kind of person who is always looking for and learning from new information and experiences - you'll be aware of the wider social landscape and keen to share your thoughts and implement new ideas.
- It would be great (but not essential) if you have some experience working in an agency environment and used to managing multiple clients across a variety of sectors.
We offer all the usual fun benefits associated with a digital agency plus flexible working hours, the ability to work from home, and 27 days holiday, plus bank holidays. We welcome fresh opinions and strive for an inclusive environment.
If this role suits you down to a tee, apply now. No agencies please.
Great State is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, and individuals with disabilities.