Influencing €1bn of revenue through a programme of innovation for their car, power products and motorcycle divisions.
We help Honda Europe identify key drivers in value from their business and deliver tangible change through rapid delivery cycles. This approach has increased revenue and created efficiencies across its car, motorbike and power product business.
We began by focusing on the increasing average revenue per user in the motorbike category by boosting the sale of high margin accessories across the range. A configuration tool was developed that integrated legacy systems with a range of micro services to deliver a solution in 4 months that achieved an instant uplift across 23 markets.
Following this initial success we have strengthened our relationship with Honda to cover a broad range of activities:
- Strategic analysis of digital estate
- Integration with finance systems to provide real-time quotes to customers
- Audience research to inform new product development
- Deployment of new digital products in the factory to increase team engagement
More recently, we’ve been helping Honda create an industry leading connected car app for the next generation of Honda cars. The MyHonda+ iOS and Android app will integrate with Europe-wide vehicle telematics and support the launch of a new Electric Vehicle (EV).
Event driven architecture, serverless technology and IoT are all being used to deliver a highly robust, flexible and scalable solution.
This has defined an experience that enables users to get the very best out of their car with usage analysis, remote interactions and real time information.
Features we’ve developed as part of this, include:
- Safety – e.g. Stolen vehicle tracking
- Convenience – e.g. Remote charging
- Control – e.g. Sending navigation to vehicle
- Digital Key - enabling customers to use and share their vehicle with just their phone
- Integrating with IBMs global telematics service and Amazon Alexa
For more information on our work with Honda Europe, contact Miranda Glover here.